Saturday, March 27, 2010

Will you help raise money for my Cancer Ride????

Dear Friends and Family,

I hope this letter finds you and your family well!   As you may know, I ride in the Pan Mass Challenge every year.  Can you believe this will be my 6th year?  The ride takes me from Sturbridge to Provincetown on a 2 day ride for a total of 192 miles.  Each year the PMC presents us with a goal to raise money for the event and this year I am looking to raise $6000.  This money goes right to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and to the Jimmy Fund, this is one of the biggest fund raisers they will have this year. 

Last year the riders raised over $35,000,000.  Our team, Lick Cancer, alone raised $170,000, we were interviewed by NECN at last years event.  This year, we are riding for our Pedal Partner, Charlotte O’Shea of Harvard Mass.  Charlotte will be 6 years old this April and has been battling a rare, aggressive brain tumor known as atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumer  (AT/RT), which doctors feared had spread to her spine.  Charlotte has been battling this form of cancer for the last 4 years.

I have a few links at the bottom of this page, you can check out my PMC web page, photos albums of the last few years and of course my donation page.

This ride is very important to me, as I joke about my build and how it takes 3 Lance Armstrong's to equal one  of me.  I am very serious about this ride.  Cancer has become a common word in many of our homes and it seems all too often I learn of someone who is diagnosed with this disease.

Help me raise money for Charlotte, The Dana Farber and Jimmy Fund and together let's help find a cure for Cancer!

donate to my ride    photos of the ride     the pmc story  

this is our team in 2008, taking our final break in wellfleet ma.  nearing the end of our ride

Thank You Very Much for Your Support!

Sincerely,

Bill Nickerson

and

Team Lick Cancer

http://www.pmc.org/mypmc/profiles.asp?eGiftID=BN0024

Posted via email from Bill's Mortgage News

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was my first time that i have visited you article and it is awesome ..